About Me

Sunday, August 1, 2021

Pizza 2.0

I was craving pizza lately but, as I am trying to lose weight, I was avoiding it. Knowing myself, I felt I could one day easily give in to my foodie demons and binge on pizza, I have decided to come up with a healthier version. 

I sliced one eggplant and one zucchini lengthwise, brushed on some olive oil and minced garlic. Once the slices were cooked, the rest was easy. I sort of braided the slices and then spooned some sauce, put the pepperoni slices and cheese on top. I did not use too much cheese to make it lighter. Yes, I used the oven in this weather but, my kitchen is separate from my family room so, it just heated up the kitchen and it was pretty yummy. Definitely stopped the craving.

Here is a picture of the finished product: (I know I should have taken it on a plate and made it look aesthetically pleasing but...)



4 comments:

  1. Looks delicious. Some people are doing the cauliflower crust to avoid the bread crust. I crave the thin crust with peppers, black oil cured olives, anchovies, and very little or no cheese at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried the cauliflower too. It turned out pretty good. I try consuming veggies only in season so, that's why I used zucchini and eggplants.

      Delete
  2. Looks good (apart from the fact I don't like eggplant!). What a great idea! I try to limit my pizza intake to about one a month now - I've found a great sourdough one that's simple and very tasty.

    I've just heard about all the fires there (I don't watch the news)!! Awful! Hope you and your family are safe xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you NLA. We are safe but, I believe they were all done on purpose. By whom? I do not know but, more than 14 fires on the Mediterrenean during the same two days? Can't be coincidence.

      Delete