About Me

Saturday, September 4, 2021

Almost ready to hit the road

Yes, Project Clean Fridge is done! I tossed some condiments with passed expiration dates. I should be more diligent about this. So proud of myself because I did a good job even better than I expected from myself! Haha... I added more items on my future shopping list. I think, I will have to have a delivery and a personal shopping when I come back since the list is pretty long. Or may be not because, I am thinking of spending a few weekd in November at my sister's. We'll see.

I also cleaned up my kitchen, changed my sheets and put a thin duvet on the bed. I am sure, it will be pretty cool when I get back home. It has significantly cooled down in Istanbul and Ankara but, I know, we shall have pretty good beach days down South. Today I felt the nice, crisp and fresh Fall weather. I do not think, I will be able to sit at home with all the windows open from now on. With Fall being my favorite season, no complaints though. 

Since I have cleaned up everything, dinner will be a cheese and bologna sandwich and two nectarines. I haven't eaten bologne in ages. Trying and doing a good job staying away from stuff like that.

Just had a cup of coffee. Need to get back to packing. Now I am packing toiletries and medicines which to me is the worst bit. I almost always forget something and end up having to buy it. I think, I shall be done in about half an hour. 

There is a volleybal game I would like to watch at 6 p.m. While I watch it, I will give myself a mani and pedi. Then I will have my dinner and just realx before going to bed. I will hit the road when I wake up without the help of an alarm clock. It is a 4 hour drive all on highway to Ankara. I do not even stop most of the time.

On Monday I will have dinner with the friend I am going on vacation with plus another childhood friend and her sister in law. On Tuesday, I may take my BIL for a late birthday dinner. His birthday was on the 2nd. Wednesday is the start of our vacation/road trip. 

Wish us luck and lots of good weather please.

I do not think I will be able to blog during my vacation but, I promise to take tons of picture to share later on. I am not dragging my laptop with me for the first time in many years. I am not even taking my tablet PC. 

Wishing everyone a great weekend! Stay safe and be well. 


15 comments:

  1. Have a wonderful trip! Can't wait to hear about it and see all your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a wonderful trip. I can't wait to see your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like to leave my home spotlessly clean when I go away too. But have you heard the joke about when you put out the trash on your last morning and then SOMEONE eats a banana????? Have a lovely trip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No? Never heard of that joke. What happens?

      Delete
  4. Safe travels and here's to making happy memories!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a wonderful trip it sounds amazing! I’m getting my wanderlust again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it was a good trip and a lot of beach time

      Delete
  6. Have a wonderful trip it sounds amazing! I’m getting my wanderlust again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a wonderful trip it sounds amazing! I’m getting my wanderlust again!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Replies
    1. Thank you. Just got back. It was a nice trip.

      Delete
  9. Bon voyage. Stay safe and healthy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Farah. Just got back. Will write more.

      Delete