About Me

Tuesday, November 30, 2021

The Heater Saga Continues

Today, a very nice gentleman came to give me an estimate on the heater. Apparently, since 2008, regulations have been changed so, there is a little bit extra work that needs to be done. They will install new piping for the water that will be generated by the combi boiler (I keep referring to it as the heater but, that is what it is). A new type of gas valve needs to be installed both for the gas cooktop and for the new combi boiler. 

He gave me three options for my SIS and BIL to choose from. I also inquired about the price of the online controlling system. It would be nice to be able to heat the apartment before any of us come back here in the winter, through our cell phones. Armed with all the necessary info, I sent a detailed message to both of them. Once they decide what they would like to purchase, I will order it. 

I have been told, it will take about 3 hours on Friday or on Saturday. Then, the Natural Gas provider company will come and approve the installation next Friday. 

This is a company I have dealt with before. I think, 3-4 years ago, we bought mom's combi boiler from them. They have been in this business for quite some time so, I am hoping, they will do a decent job.

I am so thankful for the Central Heating at my apartment complex. 

Tomorrow, my friend and I are going to complete the deed transfer transaction if all goes well. 

Now that, I am stuck here till the end of next week, I went grocery shopping. I will fix breakfast sandwiches for the road tomorrow and take a thermos full of hot water and some tea bags plus, instant coffee. I know, I know instant coffee is not the real thing. Just for the road trip since, it is going to be cold. There is a Fast Train between the two cities and many people prefer that nowadays so, there are no decent coffee stops on the way. All rural, with small villages, quiet a boring road.

I was planning to go to the cemetery today but, it is a rainy day, so I will do that next week.

On Sunday night, I sent the short list of candidates to the Client. I expected a "thank you, we will look at them and let you know" kind of a short message. At least to acknowledge receipt of the mail right? No, nada! It is so sad to see even the smallest bits of decency are vanishing. Is it that hard?

4 comments:

  1. Well I am glad you're getting closer to heater repair! Common decency is out the window, trust me!! It is sad but true.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully the heater will be installed on Saturday. Keeping fingers and toes crossed!

      Delete
  2. It sounds like you are on the right path now to fixing the heater. That is rude of them not to respond to your email. In emails through work, I haven't really come across that problem too much. Honestly, there are a few people that I just want to say you don't have to thank me every time I prepare an invoice or purchase order for you! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You^re right. I do not expect a response to routine correspondences. Actually the less clutter in my Inbox, the better it is. In this case though, acknowledgement of receipt was kinda important.

      Delete