About Me

Friday, December 3, 2021

December Goals

A few days ago, I weighed myself and realized that I had gained 2 pounds! What! I shouldn't have been surprised though. I was not exercising as much as I used to and I was eating more carbs than I should.

I must lose those pounds and if possible some more before our New Year's family dinner. I also need to exercise at least 5 days a week. I am positive I will be able to lose those 2 pounds quickly.

I also keep telling myself I should track my grocery expenses for a whole month to see where my money is going but, I have never been able to do it properly. Now that all prices are sharply rising due to poor economic management of the country.

So, my health and my grocery spending are my top priorities this month. 

Even though, it is just 3 days into the month, I am happy to report that I have exercised every day this month. I also went back to journaling my meals on an app. This helps me a lot to stay focused. 

I grocery shopped today and kept the receipt. I will add a sheet to my budget Excel file and start making a price list as I note the cost lof each item there.

I remember having read that it takes anywhere between 2-8 months to form a new habit. I must track my exercise and journaling till they become real habits. 

Now, gotta go and deal with the kitchen. Some spaces need to be cleared, so that the contractor can do his thing without obstacles. 

My SIS and BIL owe me big time. Lol! I told them they will have to buy me an expensive dinner and my BIL said, they would need to gift me the whole restaurant. Lol! It is a hassle but, who else could deal with this? They work crazy hours and barely have time to take a couple of weeks off each year for vacation. The MIL and FIL are very sickly. Every month, they come to visit them. Besides, I love my SIS to the moon and back. There is nothing  I can't do for her. 

8 comments:

  1. You are a great sister. There is nothing I would not do for my sister either!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right back at you Anne! I am so glad we are all lucky to have such close and loving relationships with our sisters.

      Delete
  2. I never made a budget but I track my spending by charging all food spending on a credit card. How wonderful that you have such a close relationship with your sister and look after each other. I don’t have a sister but I have 2 SIL who are like sisters to me. Actually I have 4 but 2 are pure evil. Keep up the good work with the weight loss.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh boy! Pure evil? Yeah I guess that happens even in one's own family so, enjoy sisterhood with the two with whom you are close. I was an only child and my parents had no intention to have another. I begged and begged and begged. Finally, she was born when I was 7.

      Delete
    2. Yes JRE, Thank You! She is so precious to me.

      Delete
  3. They do owe you! It's also nice that they realize it and don't take advantage of your generosity of your time and effort. And I get the pure evil sister in law...I have one of those, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Family relationships can be complicated. Marriage doubles the complications I guess. My SIS and BIL are really good "kids".

      Delete