About Me

Sunday, December 5, 2021

Relaxing Sunday

I slept really well last night. I woke up to the doorbell rang by the cleaning lady. She is quiet amazing. I asked her to clean up the kitchen first so that, I could start putting the stuff where they belong. Once I was done with my chore, I just took care of my own business.

She left around 5 p.m. and now, as I am typing this, I am very relaxed and the fresh smelling apartment makes it all the more enjoyable.

SIS just called me to say that they are preparing a list of meals they want me to make for them. Lol! I should lise a bunch of weight before I go and visit them. So, far, the list includes Zucchini Quiche, Lasagna, Cinnamon Rolls, Cig Borek and Homemade Pizza. 

4 Cinnabon Stores opened in Istanbul so, I may actually buy Cinnabon and take it to Izmir rather than making them. LOL!

Now, I will watch an episode of Death in Paradise on BBC and make a pot of vegetable soup for tomorrow.

Hope, everybody had a nice weekend.

8 comments:

  1. Hubby and I took the train to the city. I love Manhattan this time of the year with all the Christmas lights. Sacks Fifth Avenue have a wonderful light show on their Facade with Christmas music.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NYC! Love of my life! I love it this time of the year and I was there during Christmas of 2019. Love the City so festive. I even went to see the Train Show at New York Botanical Gardens. It was awesome.

      Delete
  2. Oh! Good luck with all the cooking. For Thanksgiving, I did all the cooking for 13 guests. I made borek , an eggplant dish, Algerian bread, pecan tart and instead of apple pie I made apple strudel. In general, I don’t like pies. Of course I made all the American side dishes corn stuffing, sweet patties wedges, almond green beans, mashed potatoes homemade cranberry sauce etc. My SIL made cauliflower gratin and my Algerian friend made a leg of lamb. My Daughter’s MIL who was visiting from France was stunned at the amount and the multiplicity of dishes. Take care and enjoy your warm and clean apartment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love cherry and pumpkin pies. I would prefer apfelstrudle over apple any day though. Our New Year's table is a mixture of different cultures too although we all are Turkish. Lol!

      Delete
  3. So glad the heater is in, the place is clean, and you can head on home once the inspection goes well. i love me a good cinnabon :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That cinnabon! It is a magnet for me.I used to live in Hartsdale, NY back in the early 90's. There was a Cinnabon shop at the Galleria in White Plains. My first contact!

      Delete
  4. I had the luxury of a cleaning lady (it came as part of the rent) when I first moved to Geneva and I agree, that wonderful fresh smell takes some beating, doesn't it. A bit like when you're staying in a hotel!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true! I love my home fresh and clean especially when I do not have to clean it up.

      Delete