About Me

Friday, September 14, 2012

A New Beginning!


Today was my last day at work. Yesterday, my new colleagues called me to see when I shall be available to participate in some of their projects. I told them I will be available starting with the week of 25th of September. The sooner the better. Since my new work schedule will be flexible, I am a bit nervous about the income stream. I think the first 3 months will be a good indicator of what to expect. 

Today was a short one. I had my e-mail accounts closed, handed the laptop over to IT, made a round of goodbye visits to each department and took off:)

I was originally planning to work here until at least early 2014 but there are a few people who make this place miserable and poisonous. 

My mom and sis are a bit upset that I am once again leaving for Istanbul although they do not say so. I understand they would like the family closer together but, I just cannot stand this city. Most of my good friends are back in Istanbul and my life was better there. Now that I will have more time to myself, I can come to visit more often and mom can always come to stay as long as she wishes. I never wanted to settle here. I may sound a bit selfish but life is short and I do not want to postpone things. Job opportunities in this city are hard to come by and not well-paying. Istanbul is a very difficult city to live in for some people but it is perfect for me. The traffic is dreadful, the city is too big and expensive, jobs are very demanding and yet I love that!

I do my best to spend quality time with my family and I do not feel bad that I am leaving. This year I have taken two vacations with mom and one vacation with sis and BIL. I have spent at least three weekends of each month with mom and sis. So, while I was here, I tried to make the best of it. 

So my old apartment and my new life; here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment