About Me

Monday, October 15, 2012

Family and Tough Times

I came back to Istanbul today. My heart feels a lot heavier than it is. My sister's mother-in-law is the sweetest, kindest person I have ever met so, her situation is making my heart ache.

We never consider how vulnerable we are... My heart goes out to my BIL(I actually call him my brother) and sis but practically there is absolutley nothing I can do for them.

Life was not yesterday and is not tomorrow... Life is today, this very moment so, I think we should try to make the best of it while we can.

Few months ago when my sister was helping her MIL, she found many unused sheets, bed covers and such and asked her why she was not using them and she told her, she was keeping them for later. Which later? We do not think she will ever go back to her home again. If she survives this, she will probably need care the rest of her life.

Tomorrow, I will pack my old stuff for charity and pull out my new sheets and new towels and start using them...

No comments:

Post a Comment