About Me

Sunday, October 21, 2012

Pizza for One

I like pizza very much but I am tired of the commercial pizza out there. So, I have decided to make my own pizza at home and tried a few recipes and came up with this simple recipe for just one person:

Dough:

1 cup flour (next time I will try half a cup whole wheat, half a cup regular)
1/2 package dry yeast (4-5gr.) (about 0.15 oz. or so)
1 table spoon olive oil
1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
Pinch of salt
Warm water enough to make a soft dough

Sauce:

Tomato sauce or puree
Oregano
pinch of salt
garlic or garlic powder

I knead the dough a couple of minutes and then shape it into a ball and put it in a bowl in some place warm.

When the dough doubles in size, I knead it for a few seconds and pat it onto a pan, on baking paper. No rolling pin is necessary.

I place the pan in the oven at around 400-420 F or 200 C for about 6-7 minutes.

I take out the pan and put the sauce on the semi-cooked dough and put my toppings. On the top I sprinkle the shredded cheese. I put this back in the oven till the pizza dough is nicely browned for about 15-20 minutes. If I make more, I tend to eat more so this is a perfect size for a filling portion of pizza.

It is also very easy to double,triple or quadruple this when you have company or if you want to freeze some dough for later.

I like vegetables for topping and use what I have on hand. If there is not much, then it is just a cheese pizza:)


No comments:

Post a Comment