About Me

Saturday, February 23, 2013

Creative Saving

When I travel for work, I incur some expenses which are reimbursed later. Usually, this is 3-4 short taxi rides, 2-3 meals and my bus tickets (when I flew, my tickets were purchased by the company, now I purchase my bus tickets and they reimburse me).

I have realized that I consider the expenses spent money since it is not a large amount so, I have decided to channel the reimbursements into my savings accounts. Lately the Turkish Stock Exchange tanked and now is a good time to buy some stocks. If I were not traveling, I would spend some money anyway so, I treat the expenses like found money. How is that for creative saving?

I never put all my eggs in one basket so, my savings are made up of cash in a short-term interest earning account, some dollars, some gold coins and some individual stocks in order of liquidity.

No comments:

Post a Comment