About Me

Friday, June 28, 2013

Inspiration

I have tons of old photos in many albums and box of black and white photos dating back to my grandparents' childhoods. These take up way too much space in my library. Besides there are some photos that I would not mind getting rid of.

I just got inspired by this blog Noho'ana Hau'Ole to scan them and store them digitally. The blog owner is planning to move to Hawai after her husband's retirement so they are currently de-cluttering and down-sizing.

 Before, I have the apartment painted, I would like to downsize a little bit as well. My library is a good starting point. I would like to get rid of some old books, some knick-knacks and some old documents such as expired insurance papers and etc.

Getting rid of unwanted stuff has a nice side effect of leaving you feel accomplished.

My bathroom cupboard is another project and so are my towel and sheet drawers. I do not know what is wrong with me but, I just cannot stop myself from buying new towels and sheets whereas I probably only need two sets. Mom and sis have the same problem so it may be genetic.

When I used to live in the US, I had two sets of sheets, 4 towels, 1 set of bathroom towels for guests and a bathrobe. I now have 5 sets of sheets for myself, two sets for the guest bedding and an infinite number of towels. I also have 8 cotton blankets. What I currently have in the bedding and towel department can probably last me well into my 70's... Should I keep them or should I get rid of them? Some are reminders of a past life and that is probably why I cling to them but, past is past and may be I should just get rid of them. Don't know what to do...

No comments:

Post a Comment