About Me

Thursday, July 17, 2014

Should I see another orthopedist?

Yesterday I went to see an othopedist thinking that I had Haglund's Deformity. That is a condition which can be cured by surgery and even though I am scared of surgeries in general, I was hoping to get rid of this problem but alas! The doctor sent me for an X-Ray and confirmed that it is tendinitis and there is no cure. I must wear comfortable shoes all my life. So no fancy shoes or even regular, normal shoes for me for life!

So far, I have been wearing a pair of Nike Air Maxes. They do not bother the back of my foot but, what happens in the winter? I do not know...

We'll see how I will handle this issue.... the....rest....of.....my....life :(

I have looked up the condition on the Internet and what I have read pretty much confirms the doctor's opinion but, should I get another opinion? I will talk to my sister who knows many doctors and quite a few orthopedists. May be she can schedule an appointment for me in Ankara.

2 comments:

  1. It's worth a second opinion if you can get one affordably. They may use different methods and arrive at a different decision, or confirm the prior one. With something that will affect the rest of your life, I'd say yes! A second opinion would be helpful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tania, I think you have a good point there. I am determined to do it. My sister has a great orthopedic surgeon who fixed her ruptured tendon few years ago. It will not be cheap but, thankfully I can afford it.

      Delete