I am being buried under loads of work lately. On top of that, everybody is asking me everything.
I am so tired of having to answer all questions.
- The lawnmover is broken. What should we do?
- Get it fixed if fixing costs below such and such amount.
- We shall be letting this person go. What should we do?
-Ask the lawyer.
- The lawyaer says this and that. How should we proceed?
- Do this and that.
- May I leave ten minutes early?
- So and so has worked all night, shall I give him the day off?
- Yesss! Sure! (Or rather no, make him work like a slave so that he finally leaves the company and sues our artses off).
All day long I probably answer 100 questions 95 of which are plain simple or dumb. I simply cannot concentrate.
And no, they are not asking me all the time just because they look up to me or they value my opinion or they find me reliable. They are asking because they do not want to take on the responsibility associated with decision making.
Today, I stayed home to catch up on my work in silence. Thankfully, I only got 20 calls or so.