About Me

Saturday, April 14, 2018

Set the Date: Out with the Old, In with the New

I finally decided upon the date to leave the company and told the new Management about it. Otherwise, it will be impossible for me to keep my sanity. Every single day is a struggle. I have never seen people changing their minds about everything so frequently.

I have made a list of what I should accomplish before leaving the company.

My set date is March 1st 2019. Of course, this date may change. It is not set in stone but, for me, it is something that makes me calmer. Now, I have something to work and look for.

Our Office assistant decided to leave within a few months as well. The Accounting Company to whom we outsource the accounting business has also declared that they will no longer be in the picture after the end of this year. So, come next year, the place will look very different.

I am also leaving the Studio Apartment within 10 days or so. For about 10 months it will be a hassle to go to work and come home but, that's doable. 

I am saving like crazy. My plan after quitting is to go back to working part-time on a few select projects that come my way. My passive income is enough to handle my living expenses and the extra I might be making will be for travel and home improvement projects.

I am financially independent as of now but, adding some more on top of my savings will help a lot more in the long run.

I am also thinking of not buying a car at least for a while. It makes a lot more sense to use ZipCar and similar services. I will give it a shot for at least three months to see if that works but there is still a looong time to consider all these.


12 comments:

  1. Does the company understand that their actions are having an adverse reaction? It is good that you have a plan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At this point the new management either does not care or actually enjoying the situation. I truly do not know. They may be trying to erase the old culture in total.

      Delete
  2. Peace of mind makes such a difference. Congratulations on coming to this decision.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Stress is awful for my health. I gain weight like a baby blue whale.

      Delete
  3. setting a date really helps I think, feels easier when you know there is an end date in sight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true! It pushes me to be organized about it too.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. We are on very different time zones and also I am a bit slow to review comments. Sorry about the second.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. I hope so. I have already started what else I would like to do in addition to part time work. I want to volunteer for an Education Foundation.

      Delete
  6. It's great you now have a date set. Will you be able to stand it for almost another year? But, it will probably go by fast and so much to look forward to!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on making a decision! You're beautifully organised and I think the next year, despite the stress it's going to contain, will actually go very quickly. And I'm sure you'll feel so much relief once we arrive at 1 March 2019. xx

    ReplyDelete