About Me

Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Brrrr! The summer is gone in one day!

When I arrived on Sunday, it was like 90 degrees Fahrenheit in Istanbul. It was also the same yesterday. Today? 60! There is a cold front coming down from the North Pole and the sun is nowhere to be seen. According to the reports, it will get up to 70s but no further.

I need to arrange my clothes so that I have warm things to wear soon.

I made chili today and I am so glad I did.

Still trying to put away stuff and shuffling clothes and sleeping in weird times.

I was originally going to stay in the US for two weeks but when my friend's hospital stay was prolonged, her wife told me she wished I could stay longer. I tried to change my ticket but it would cost an arm and a leg. So, I looked for one-way tickets and found a ticket with Aeroflot, the Russian airlines. I bought that ticket and ended up staying a month.

This way, I had some time to myself, some time to take care of my friends and run errands for them. It has been a very good stay. When my friend got out of the hospital, we even had opportunities to go out and celebrate his recovery on a number of occasions. I enjoyed the swimming pool and the hot tub and relaxed.

My friend and I binge watched Midsomer Murders while her husband watched his favorite talking heads. Lol!

2 comments:

  1. It is 3:30 pm and it is 74F this Wed afternoon. I think it was only Monday that is was in the 90s. Sun was out yesterday, but not today and it is raining continuously. It seems we have same weather.

    I don't remember hearing about your friend being sick. What was wrong that she had to be hospitalized? I suppose that adjusting for time zones will be harder since you were gone so long.

    My only adjustment in clothing will be to put on a sweater. Actually, it is so muggy that I am sweaty, so I will just carry one with me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The friends I went to visit are a couple that I had met back when I was working in the US for a Turkish-American company. Both the husband and the wife are my friends. The husband was the sick one in the hospital. He had two open heart surgeries in three months and a small procedure not related with his heart. His wife was overwhelmed with sending her only child to school 16 hours away, her husband in the hospital and her work.

      Delete