About Me

Monday, September 24, 2018

I'm Back!

My vacation lasted longer than planned. I came back yesterday and am very tired.

As soon as I landed in NY, my friend's BIL met me at the airport and took me home. He and I had a nice time chatting and having lunch till my friend came to pick me up. She had rented a giant sized SUV to take her daughter to school up in Michigan and we went to put my name and driver's licence on the rental agreement.

Then, we went to visit her husband, my other friend who was at the hospital for a couple of hours. We then had dinner with my friend and her daughter at the hospital cafeteria and hit the road to Michigan. Yes, I know it is crazy but we were on a deadline for the daughter for her orientation.

The plan was to drive from NY, to Pennsylvania, Ohio and Michigan. That is a 16 hour trip, if you do not stop. So, my first night was spent not on a bed but, in a boat sized SUV taking turns driving.

More on the driving experience tomorrow.

7 comments:

  1. Last night, I had determined to write you today and see what was up with you, assuming you had returned as planned. You certainly hit the ground running.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for thinking about me. As I write more, you will see, I did a lot during my vacation.

      Delete
  2. Oh dear - you must have been exhausted! We do tend to drive crazy distances in NA - but it is just such a huge block of land with only 3 countries! Can't wait to hear all about your adventures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be posting the rest about the trip to Michigan.

      Delete
  3. Welcome home! I hope you go to bed and sleep for hours, it sounds like you might need it. I certainly don't miss the big distances in Canada - a friend is visiting there at the moment and I felt it useful to warn her as best I could. Phew! Looking forward to hearing about the trip. What a lovely way to end your (full-time) working life. xx

    ReplyDelete