About Me

Thursday, September 27, 2018

The vacation budget. How did I do?

I had set a certain budget for my vacation and despite the fact that I stayed longer and ended up buying a one-way ticket which was not budgeted, I managed to stay within my budget.

How? Well, due to the end of summer, there were many sales going on and I was careful with my shopping. I bought nothing unnecessary. The big devaluation of TL made it easy as well. Each time I did the math, I made a more conscious decision.

I stayed with my friends and we ate all breakfasts and some lunch and dinners at home. I cooked veggies 5-6 times Turkish style.

My friend did not want me to rent a car and I was able to drive one of their cars especially because the husband was not allowed to drive for 6 weeks due to multiple surgeries he had to have.

I did not want to pay for extra luggage and therefore, I kept my purchases under control based on weight as well.

I did treat my friends for a few lunches and dinners at nice places quiet a few times. (They did too).  I also did some grocery shopping.

I am very glad that I stayed longer to support my friends. I was able to do some sight seeing, spent time in NYC, relax, enjoy the pool and the hot tub, enjoyed the company of friends and family of my friends.


1 comment:

  1. Having a car to drive was certainly a money-saver. too bad the guy was ill, though. Or, at least, incapacitated. It sound like you did well on the airplane ticket, too. I am sure your friend appreciated your help. Are there pictures?

    ReplyDelete