About Me

Thursday, December 13, 2012

Non-Touristic Attractions of Istanbul: Eminonu Part 2

I went to Eminonu today and came home with four pashminas and two sets of  brass mortar and pestle (one is for sis). It was so crowded that I totally forgot to take the pictures of the shops but I have some neat pictures of my motor boat rides.

I did not feel like I would be able to walk around much buy I did OK. If it wasn't so cold and if I was feeling better, I am sure I could walk more. I did not buy unnecessary stuff. There is only my sister's father in law left on my gift list. I will pick up a shirt or a sweater for him.

Here are the pictures as promised:
Starting Point Kadikoy



A Car Ferry
Eminonu Outside of the Spice Bazaar

A typical ferry crossing the Bosphorus
Heading back to Kadikoy


For a while, I tought, we were on a collision course with this big guy

Haydarpasa Train Terminal


Pulling back from Eminonu

The colors were more vibrant, my phone camera did not do justice

Up on the hill, you can see a glimpse of the Topkapi Palace

Another shot of Topkapi from afar


1 comment:

  1. What beautiful photos! I love the one of the Topkapi palace, also of the Spice Bazaar. Happy memories for me. Thanks for sharing.

    Sft x

    ReplyDelete