1. Never accept the job done while tired and fed up with workers at home. Take time to carefully inspect everything. Discovering poor job a week after is not fun.
2. Murphy will drop by after you take a sigh of relief. Guaranteed!
3. Something(s) will definitely get broken/stop working/get scratched no matter what.
4. Stop thinking about more renovation.
5. NEVER EVER DO A MAJOR RENOVATION while you have all your belongings at home. Put everything in storage for a month and then do whatever needs to be done.
6. SAVE all the money you need for the job and then some and then some more.