About Me

Sunday, May 22, 2016

Long weekend

May 19th is a National Holiday. So, we told the employees to work at home Friday. While I was home, I did a couple of loads of laundry and picked up clutter.

Friday evening I went out with a couple of friends for beer and came home around 10:30.

Saturday was a lazy day. I mastered making latte at home with a stove top espresso maker from IKEA and a battery operated hand held milk frother from Tchibo.

I went out and did a little grocery shopping. The grocery store had a campaign so I was able to snatch 3 1 liter bottles of extra virgin olive oil at a great price. I will give them to mom.

I am not cooking anymore other than weekends. There is a food service which delivers a 2000 calorie, diabetic menu for the whole day to my office. Since I get home very late at night, it makes more sense for me to have dinners at the office. We have a fully equipped kitchen.

I am not diabetic but I need more protein than carbs so I order the diabetic menu. They deliver breakfast, mid-morning snack, lunch, afternoon snack and dinner. It is a bit expensive than what food normally would cost me if I cooked everything from scratch but I never do that. Besides, I am not throwing away food that goes bad. Hopefully this will help my diet if I do not blow it over the weekend.

Mom went to Izmir to stay with SIS and BIL for a while. This year she feels she is getting old so, she declined my offer of a Northern Italy trip. She doesn't feel up to it. I do not know what to do for a vacation.

May be I will take a week on the Mediterranean early October. I cannot stand the heat before then. Late July I may take a couple of days off to spend in Izmir. I can go to the beach during the day and stay at my sister's.

We'll see...

No comments:

Post a Comment