About Me

Monday, October 30, 2017

Pre-Assesment and Worst Case Scenario

As some of you may be aware, my company may be sold in the next few months. There is still a possibility that it will not be. Either way, my boss is prepared to take his next course of action.

As for me, the next hurdle is the Assesment. The company who will perform the assesment has scheduled a three hour meeting with me tomorrow. On Sunday night, I completed a pre-assesment test online.

I just want this over with.


When I wrote this post some time ago, an Unknown Reader posted the following comment:

"When I'm making a major decision or facing a big change I do what a counselor taught me 20 yrs ago: think carefully and write down The Worst Case Senario/s from this impending change. Write as many 'cases' as you'd like (perhaps you do not get this job offer and/or you are unemployed for a few months and/or you never work again), dig deep into your fears but also be realistic. For each case you then write up what might happen and how you may deal with it. Once you have a plan for your fears you'll feel more in control"

Thanking my Unknown commenter, I have decided to write down the worst case scenario:

Job Loss / No other possibility for a new job by January 2018:

I have adjusted my budget and cash flow Excel Sheet in line with this scenario and happily saw that, even if this happens, I will still be able to stay afloat unless this does not couple with a major health disaster. I have enough passive income to cover my expenses every month.

I cannot imagine taking long and expensive vacations or going abroad but I can have a fairly comfortable life with a small nest egg.

If I move to Ankara and rent out my primary residence, I can even save some money and have some more wiggle room in my budget.

I can also go back to consulting for earning some money to cover the costs of some vacations and needs around the home.

So, there is really nothing to worry about. 

4 comments:

  1. That was me and I'm proud of you! You're going to be fine no matter what happens in the next few months. Good luck with the upcoming Assessment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I imagine after thinking this out, you must be relieved. good for you.

    ReplyDelete