About Me

Friday, October 13, 2017

The Meeting

The Meeting went well. He told me a little about the assesment but, he said that I am a critical asset at least five times. He also signaled that the result of the assesment is not all that important.

It looks like they need me and I am happy to stay unless the new CEO is a total jerk lol!

He also told me that my Technical Team Manager will also be assessed. Now that worries me. He is an incredible smart guy, self-motivated, devoted to his job. However as I have been informed, this particular assessor is a bit aggresive and very direct. My guy operates on a somewhat short fuse. I do not want him to flunk this.

I have a friend who is a coach and I am going to visit him tonight to seek his help and pick his brains. May be if he has time, he can sit down with my Technical Team Manager and give him some clues as to have to handle the assesment.

I feel like I am responsible for all of the current staff and that it is my duty to keep them well informed, motivated and also to keep them from being mistreated in terms of salaries and benefits in the new organization. Since this is a major change, the current staff needs to be encouraged and motivated to embrace this change and turn it into something that benefits them. They are good people.

What a challenge this is gonna be! Unless the new CEO is a total jerk (I am a bit old school and have a problem with big egos. I like to be respectfully treated).

3 comments:

  1. That sounds promising. Hopefully it will all work out and you can keep working there like you hope to. Sometimes change is good and meant to be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope everything keeps going as well as it seems to be. It appears you are much needed during this transition.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 'Critical asset' has be confidence boosting! It sounds very promising. I think your idea of having your colleague chat to a coach is a good one. Your staff is lucky to have you leading them. Good luck! xx

    ReplyDelete