About Me

Monday, January 29, 2018

Nobody puts T'pol in a Corner- Out With the Old, In With the New

You may recall the below scene:


Since I do not have hunky Patrick Swayze around, I had to stand up for myself.

I had summarized the application cost issue that I mentioned in my previous post and sent it to the new guy recommending to take smaller steps since it will end up being very costly.

Instead of thanking and saying "let's talk about it tomorrow. It does sound expensive but, I think we can justify that expense" or something like that, he chose to say:

"I cannot make you understand the urgency of this matter. Financial sector has been on the decline and we need all sorts of reports... blah blah... Your ex-boss must have hidden these facts from you etc." He also cc'ed the new CFO.

I took the CFO out and wrote to him:

"Your below comment was truly unnecessary especially with the CFO included. Besides ex-boss did not need to share with us anything. It was his boat, we merely worked for him".

My ex-boss is a very intelligent young man and he knew that doing what we do, it would not be possible to grow as a company. He needed to take risks which he was not willing to take. Therefore, he sold the company. SMART is written all over his story.

He responded by saying he did not mean to break my heart. So, obviously, he does not even realize that I am pissed, not heart broken.

This was strike 1 on his part and duly noted.

After all those due diligence work, these shmucks probably did not know what they were getting into.

Now I am changing my attitude. There have been issues pending due to cost reasons. Next week, I am inviting all subcontractors to provide quotes for whatever is necessary. I will bombard them with all these expenses and justify how important they are including the application. It will cost a ton of money and so be it.


6 comments:

  1. Of course, being a woman you must have a broken heart. That is an outright sexist attitude. Does he picture you sobbing? I would be pissed on several levels.

    How many people would it take to replace you? I was once fired from a job. A person outside the company but on my side, told me that it took four people to replace me. No one could do the complete job. I wonder if one person has the perspective and experience you do. Now, I don't think you will be fired, but you might quit. I wonder what the old boss would say.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks like I may just quit. Financially, I am in a good place but could be better if I could work a little longer. Every day I restrain myself from handing in my resignation is a plus on my end. Does that mean I shall be suppressed? No! I am ready at all time to speak my mind freely.

      Delete
  2. omg! Heartbroken? how about sensible and just trying to save the company money? Let them spend it I guess.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup! Exactly my new attitude these days. After all the board will ask him how he spent all that money without bringing additional revenue.

      Delete
  3. your workplace sounds really stressful - its so frustrating when people won't listen and ignore expertise, and what a ridiculous comment to make! I hate it when men imply women are emotional when when we express an opinion they don't like. good on you for speaking up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Besides the assessment they gave me clearly showed that my EQ is pretty low i.e. I am not an emotional person and I act on logic. Hahaha!

      Delete