About Me

Friday, March 30, 2018

On the Fast Track

Life has been very stressful, busy and fast lately. I have been gaining weight because, I was burying my feelings in carbs. I made a bargain with mom. She will come and stay with me for a long time and I will eat only what she serves me. She had been feeling lonely for quiet a while so, she agreed.

Not a single day passes by that I do not question whether I should keep on working here or not. It is not the load of work but rather, the constant turmoil created by the new CEO. He has never worked as a CEO before and has the attention span of a three year old. Completely lacks strategic thinking. This week, I am feeling especially drained. It feels like my life energy is being sucked by Death eaters of Harry Potter.

I constantly remind myself to be patient.

On a frugal note; I will soon be the proud owner of a second hand threadmill at no cost. I have always wanted one but did not want to pay a lot of money for it. My ex-boss did not want to take home his when he sold the company and I asked him if I can have it. So, hopefully next week or so, it will be delivered to my apartment.

I am also going to give up the Studio Apartment by the end of April. The new office will be closer to the bridge and I can commute from my primary residence. Besides,I do not even know how long I will be working at this Zoo. I have tremendous trouble sleeping at the place anyway. Some significant savings there too. I am so glad. Maintaining two places was difficult. Initally, it was worthwhile but lately no more. Especially after I have found out that, part of my insomnia is due to the noisy place.

Today I am in Ankara at our office there. In about an hour, I will go see my eye doctor and then meet two babyhood friends over a cup of coffee.

Tomorrow, I have to be at the airport at 7 a.m. to meet my sister who will be flying in just for the day to get her scars checked and stitches removed after mole removal surgery. She had three moles on her face that looked pretty ugly. I will get an injection for my back pain as she deals with her own doctor. Then, we will have a Girls day out with mom.

On Sunday, I am heading back with mom to Istanbul. So, not much resting this weekend but that's OK.

What are your weekend plans?

4 comments:

  1. How funny! I'M reminding myself I need patience at the moment, too. This whole moving thing is stressful enough on my own, but add in three other people and I'm ready to throw in the towel on it already! :P I hope you and your mom enjoy each other's company - I hear you about the carbs. I think they're the enemy.

    Great news on the treadmill! I'm sure you'll love it and use it. It's great for those days you don't want to go outside. I wanted one of those over a cross trainer but, like you, didn't want to pay a lot of money for it. I'm buying it from a colleague instead.

    Have a great weekend. I'm pretty quiet this weekend, as usual, but off to Scotland on Monday so readying myself for that. Happy Easter xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should not use email at work to complain. I can only imagine your frustration. A noisy sleep environment would bother me, too. Hey, if I could get a shot for pain, I could shop, too, and enjoy a girls' day out. Have fun. Hopefully, your sister's mole will not be a problem. The surgery must have been significant to require stitches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can relate to having 'death eaters' at work! I am just trying to ignore as much as I can of the problems and plod along, but i understand how hard it is when it saps your energy. That will be good to have your mum stay with you for a bit, might help with the work stress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hopefully sleeping at your main house will help you start to feel more rested. That's nice of your mom to come and help. I'd love to have someone cook for me :)

    ReplyDelete