About Me

Thursday, January 24, 2019

January 2019

This month has so far been a frugal one partly due to my sickness, partly due to having stocked up when there were good sales.

Tomorrow my savings account is getting a big hit. I am sending the money for 1/3 of the old family home to my cousins and some money to cover the expenses during title transfer to my uncle who will take care of that.

Technically my Net Worth is staying the same but, I do not include any real estate in my NW calculation. I like liquidity best. I would much rather have just a primary residence and the rest in my nest as sweet cash. Lol!

My BIL is calling me the Queen of Real Estate". Cute! If I sold all of what I have, I could buy a 2 bedroom apartment or may be a small house within an hour or two out of NYC. So, not much money in US terms. On top of that, the real estate taxes in the US would plain kill me. Lol!

I feel blessed that I do not have to work but, having a part-time work at the same time.

Mom and I found out that the movie theaters around us are offering less than half price for 50+ for sessions before 4 p.m. during the week and 2 p.m. during the weekend. We just went to a new Turkish movie taking advantage of that. Yay! Never thought I would be eligible for such a discount. It is quiet significant. Think 10 TL versus 25 TL. Not bad at all.

1 comment: