About Me

Friday, February 12, 2021

Finally! Winter

This has been an unusually warm winter and our water supply was in danger for a good while. Thankfully, teh temperature went from 65 to 35 in a day and today, it is snowing lightly. They say, the snow will be around till Monday.

I jumped in my car and went to the nearby farmers market and stocked up on veggies and salad greens. I am well stocked for at least a week if not more so, I am planning to sit back and watch the snowfall with a cup of hot cocoa. 

I will process the veggies and put them in refrigerator bags which keep them fresh longer. I will also plan my meals according to what I have on hand.

Here is what I bought: Potatoes, Onions, Carrots, Zucchini, fresh broad beans, peppers, tomatoes, iceberg lettuce, scallions, dill weed and parsley. They would be way cheaper at the grocery store but, the stuff at the grocery store never last as long. 

I will cook the broad beans today or tomorrow. I need to finish the cabbage and Jerusalem Artichokes I made a couple of days ago. 

Yesterday, I decided to re-arrange my library and get rid of some old paperwork. It is a work in progress. I have also found some DVDs and a few books I wanted to get rid of. I put them outside my apartment with a sign that said Free. Normally, they are snatched up pretty quickly but, I doubt that people will be willing to take them during this pandemic.



3 comments:

  1. I wish we could just put stuff out at our mailboxes for people to take too, but I doubt I'd be allowed to do it. Still, the recycling centre isn't too far even if the charity shop is about 30 minutes away. We're starting to get snow too - avalanche warnings to boot - so it really is a good time to stay in with a cup of hot chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the idea of not needing anything and just sitting and watching the snow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have a local Buy Nothing group, and I can almost always find a taker for what I'm giving away. I'd just leave things out on my street, but we are at the end of cul de sac, and no one would ever see it.

    ReplyDelete