About Me

Sunday, February 7, 2021

Cravings

Sometimes, all day I eat really well and then in the afternoon or at night I crave something sweet. Today was no different. So, I whipped up a simple cookie dough and baked three cookies. I rolled the rest of it into small balls and stuck them in the freezer for later. If I had baked them all at once, they would be gone sooner. 

I never buy junk food at the grocery store because, if I do, I consume them rather quickly. 

This coming week is supposed to be real nice so, I am determined to go out for walks every day. 

Last week I bought this big box of salad greens. I like to add all sort of stuff to make a salad a satisfying meal. Beans, chickpeas, roasted peppers, cheese, smoked salmon, grilled chicken. etc... Not all of them at once of course... Haha!

I need to soak some beans to cook tomorrow. I usually soak and cook a big batch and divide them in portion sizes to freeze. 

Tomorrow, I will also make a pot of soup. This winter has been so darn warm that I never craved soup. 

We are crossing our fingers and toes so that we will get enough rain and snowfall until the end of March or else, there will be a major drought and a shortage of water supply. If that happens, I will end up going to stay in Ankara, Izmir or Antalya. During the pandemic, a shortage of water can be a disaster.

4 comments:

  1. We have too many leftovers & I need to make a plan to make sure we don't create waste. I'm still getting used to the idea of two adults fasting several days, plus this meal delivery service we are trying. Both have changed what we need to keep on hand quite a bit.

    Fingers crossed for water!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean about sometimes craving something - and often you don't know what until you find it!!! And I'd never thought of how difficult it might be to have a water shortage during a pandemic (I guess because it's unlikely to ever (seriously) happen here)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's smart to make only a few cookies. I would eat them all too...which I have been doing with the peanut butter cookies I made on Saturday

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was so smart of you to freeze some of the cookie dough. If I did not understand the siren song of cookies I would not have to be doing keto

    ReplyDelete