About Me

Sunday, August 20, 2017

Almost all set to go!

I packed my suitcase and my carry-on. I had to buy a carry-on bag because the airline has a very strict policy about the size of it. It is a cheap bag.

I also bought all the gifts except for some tea and pistachio nuts my friend likes.

Yesterday, I left home at 10 in the morning, dropped my car at the detail wash station. I got on the subway, transferred to a ferry to cross the Bosphorus and then got on a tram to take me to Grand Bazaar. Sounds complicated but it really isn't.

I strolled around Grand Bazaar for over two hours and finally got my friends and their kids gifts. I walked all the way down to the Spice Bazaar got my friend some spices, dried apricots, Turkish Delight. I then went to a museum to grab two books for the guys. By the time I was done and at home, it was past 6:30 p.m. I jumped in a cold shower and checked how much walking I had done: 13.158 steps, 9.1 km! Wow! So, I am capable of doing that. Hence, no reason to stay as a couch potato anymore.

Needless to say, there is no part of me not aching today.

Today, I packed almost everything but I am sure, I will forget something how trivial it may be.

I am really ready to get on that plane!

3 comments:

  1. Enjoy your trip! All the gifts sound nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a lot of walking for one day! It sounds like you are bringing yummy gifts. I can get dates and pistachios here, but to have them brought from Turkey is a real treat. I hope you have a good flight. What kind of requirements are there for carry on? I know what they are here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They have this very specific size 56x45x25cm which you can load up to 23 kgs. Unless you carry stones or bricks, that small bag cannot fit 23 kgs. So, it is as if they are pulling your leg about it.

    ReplyDelete