About Me

Thursday, September 2, 2021

Busy busy busy....

I am almost done packing. Now it is the small but, important stuff that needs to be packed.

The best news is that I have received my passport from the US Consulate for my 4th 10 year visa. My last visa had expired in April. People were saying that it was taking a long time for new visas due to the pandemic working hours so, I had decided to wait. 

I checked the US Consulate Web site early August and found out that if the last visa had expired within the last 4 years, an appointment would not be necessary and that the whole process could be completed online. So, without thinking it through, I applied for it. They haven't asked for any additional paperwork other than my new passport and the old one on which the expired visa was stamped. Great! Easy peasy! Then I noticed that I would be leaving for Ankara soon and I panicked. I thought the administrative process might take a long time and that I would not be here when my passport was returned to me.

Well, to make a long story short; I have my passport and my new visa. Yay! Not that I will be going to the US anytime soon but, who knows? Right?

Tomorrow I will be completing my packing and will clean the fridge. I think, I will leave on Saturday. My BIL is in Ankara. He has arranged for a medical visit at home for his mom, took his father for a much neglected health check, got the medical reports extended, filed the paperwork for the Georgian caregiver of his folks and some other things that required attention. It is already a productive week for him. His medical leave will be ending on September 9th so, my friend, my BIL and I will be leaving for Izmir on the 8th.

Trying to eat up the last of fresh stuff and whatever is on hand generates weird combinations. Today's dinner is decent though. I will use the last two eggs I have to make Menemen. To make it you need to finely slice peppers, dice tomatoes and sautee them in a bit of butter or olive oil and crack the eggs on it. Cover and let it cook a little bit depending on you how you like your eggs. I will leave them a bit soft so, I can dip some bread in it. I normally mix the eggs and pour on top of the sauteed veggies. Easy and healthy. 

OK it's time to go and hang the last bit of laundry. My friend told me that evenings are cool in Ankara and it will also be cool at the first place we shall be going. I decided to pack my fleece jacket and a pair of jeans. 




4 comments:

  1. Good news on getting your US visa AND getting your passport back in time. That must have been a worry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a worry indeed. I am glad it worked out.

      Delete
  2. I have made a note to cook some Menemen. It sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you enjoy it. You can have it for any meal of the day. So easy and tasty.

      Delete