About Me

Sunday, January 7, 2024

Getting Ready

I am flying to the US on Wednesday. The weather channel was predicting snow that day but, they revised the forecast today. The new airport is too far from me. I wanted to fly out of the one closer to me but, could not find a good ticket. Turkish Airlines have 3 direct flights to NY every day but, they do not have Premium Economy or Comfort Class. Business is too expensive. Therefore, I am flying British Airways. I have a 3 hour stopover at Heathrow which is fine. Gives me a break to stretch my legs.

I have packed one suitcase and I do not expect to shop a lot this time.  SIS, BIL and uncle are all set with everything they need. I still have enough to wear till I lose at least 20-25 pounds or so. After that, I will need a new wardrobe but by then, I will be able to find my then size here in Turkiye too. Will still be a plus size but, much better than what I have been all these years. I can't believe how I let myself go so badly. 

My bestie and I will be sorting tons of collections of coins, stamps, artwork and jewelry, getting them appraised and selling them. M is completely overwhelmed by it and she is taking a break till my arrival. Her late BIL had collected so much stuff. Her husband is now too old to deal with it so, this falls all on her. We need a system and a strategic plan to deal with all of them. We may not be able to finish everything before I leave by the end of February but, I hope we can make the biggest dent possible. 

Today, it is butt-freezing cold here and is going to be like this for the next 5 days. M says it is the same in NY too. 

Gotta go and check my packing list once more.

Stay warm and healthy...

Here is a sad/romantic song from Felix(23) of Stray Kids suitable for this cold and rainy day over here. He is one of the two Aussies in the group. His vocal range is unbelievable. One might think 3 different guys are singing this one but, it is just him. 





8 comments:

  1. Have a safe trip! Oh and check out new clothes for me for when I lose 30 lbs too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. You're living in France and you want clothes from the US? If I lose 50 pounds, I want to go shopping in Paris with you. Lol! Lost 30 pounds during the last 5 months. I am 41 pounds lighter than the worst I have been. It sure feels great.

      Delete
  2. Safe travels! Just came in from shoveling 6" of snow, but it's supposed to be 54* and raining on Wednesday (in Connecticut).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I lived in Stamford, CT between January 90 and January 91. CT is my favorite Fall Foliage area.

      Delete
  3. It sounds like you will keep very busy on your trip and be of great help to your friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a great trip . Let’s talk on the phone when you are here. Hugs your way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you have a safe flight - I forgot to comment earlier. Enjoy your trip, travel safely!

    ReplyDelete