I have been MIA for a long long time. There is not much to report on my life. All is well.
Hope everyone is having a good summer. I don't think I will be blogging much but I will keep the blog here.
Honestly, I am seriously studying Korean and that takes a LOT of time when I am not procrastinating. I passed both levels of the Proficiency test TOPIK I and believe me it is not that much. I guess I need to pass two more levels to be able to understand a whole K-Drama without subtitles.
I have a knack for learning languages but, this is really hard. Fun at the same time.
Enjoy your summer. I can't believe it is almost August. Time flies fast.

Welcome back. I can learn written languages but have a hard time hearing and speaking it, so no nack for it for me. I took Mandarin and the only thing I remember is how to count and how to say hello.
ReplyDeleteOh Mandarin is so difficult. I would never even try. It is a tonal language which makes it extremely difficult and the alphabet? So, so hard.
DeleteSo good to hear from you . You have been missed. How is life in Turkeye these days. I am happy for you, keeping busy in retirement and good luck with the Korean. That is some hard language to learn. I am trying to learn Spanish, easy since I am fluent in French but I am not motivated and make almost no effort. I am having a hard time with retirement. Maybe a little down since my husband passing. Sending love your way and please gives us an update from time to time.
ReplyDeleteMy condolences Farah. It must be very hard for you. Trying to learn a new language, picking up some hobbies might help dealing with the tremendous loss. Hope you will be feeling better soon.
DeleteHappy to hear all is well. My husband spent 7 years in Korea and learned the language. I'm sure you'll pick it up eventually.
ReplyDeleteHats off to your husband. I am sure living in the country helped him a lot. I can see myself living in Korea easily but due to age and family, it's not an option. If I were thirty or so, I would have definitely given it a go.
DeleteWe miss you thanks for popping in! I am glad you're enjoying retirement, hope you are ok health wise <3
ReplyDeleteThank you JJ. I am OK but of course there are glitches due to aging. Hope all is well with you too.
DeleteGood for you! Have fun. Olivia
ReplyDeleteThank you Olivia. Hope you are doing fine too.
Delete