About Me

Monday, March 10, 2014

Had no winter here this year...

We had normal winters during the last three years but this year it has been extremely dry. Summer will be a difficult time because the water supplies are alarmingly low. I am thinking of ways to stock water at home. I will be buying 5 lt. bottles of drinking water and as I consume them I will fill the bottles with tap water to use for dumping in the toilet and to take "showers" should there be a water shortage. I always keep more than 30 liters of drinking water at home.

I have already bought 4 bottles like that but, I didn't have time to consume and replace them with tap water yet. On Wednesday, I shall be going home for a few days and I will be buying some more 5 lt. bottles. I have already started keeping a bucket full of tap water in the bathroom. When I turn on the shower, I need to have it run for a while to get hot water so, I put the bucket till it gets warm and use that water for the toilet.

Northern American Continent had tons of snow this year and we haven't had any. I know many American and Canadian bloggers who are fed up with so much snow but, I think that is a blessing. We shall be faced with a major drought. Everybody is hoping to get some good rain during the spring but that doesn't really help. Snow is what keeps the water supply at a good level.

No comments:

Post a Comment