About Me

Wednesday, January 24, 2018

A Target is Achieved!

Many months ago, I sat down to figure out my target retirement savings. Since, life can go many ways, I had settled on setting more than one target which I named, Minimum, Good, Better, Best and Utopia.

I am happy to report that my minimum target is achieved as of this month. (Actually, I reached it a couple of months back but, then something happened and I had to gift a good chunk of money to a family member)

What does reaching the Minimum mean? Well, if for some reason, I walk out with no option whatsoever to work anymore, I can pay the debt I have taken over from a family member and have a modest retirement. I can only take one modest vacation in country per year and drive a small, second hand car. It is not a great option by any means.

According to my projection, my next target can be achieved by the end of this year and the next target, by the end of next year. So, patience is key here but, for some reason I am feeling very uneasy.

I should make myself stop thinking about retirement constantly. I am only 51. It is even possible to reach the target I named Utopia which is projected to happen at the end of 2022 when I will be just  55.

Patience is no virtue of mine but, 4 more years to work is not so bad. Is it? I must find a way to not think about retirement or leaving anytime soon. Makes no financial sense and as logical as I am, I should actually be targeting 2022.

I think, my life's been a bit boring lately so, I just need to figure out something fun instead of counting down till an illogical time.

2 comments:

  1. That's great you met the first goal and the second is in sight, but I agree. You are young and whether you are patient or not, those years will get here. What do you want to do on a daily basis when you retire? Will you be bored not working? Relax a little and enjoy today, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on reaching your target!

    ReplyDelete