About Me

Sunday, January 21, 2018

New Budget

Now that I know my new salary, I can work on my new budget.

The theme of this year is "Save! Save! Save!"

I do not know if I will like to work with the new folks so, while I can earn a good deal of money, the logical thing is to stash it.

This year;
- My planned vacations will be kept modest.

- I will not be making any major purchases for my home with the exception of fixing some water damage on my two walls. There is a very small budget for home improvement and that's it. I spoke to an architect friend and she thinks she can help me in identifying the true problem so that she can suggest a proper contractor who will do a good job.

- I will most likely need to buy a couple of pairs of pants in the summer. Other than those, I will not need any major wardrobe improvement. Small amount set aside just in case.

- I will give up the studio when the rental contract is up which is in August. I have decided that I am not comfortable there. It is very noisy at night and most likely adds to my insomnia problem. I miss my home and I want to sleep in my own bed. I will have to get up earlier and most likely hit a good deal of traffic in the morning but, we shall see. After August, I can assume it is all temporary. Can I?

Today I had coffee with my friend who is a co-owner of the consultancy company I used to work for. It looks like there is always an open door for me over there. The pay is not good but for a part-time thing, I can get by. Anyway, that is Plan B.


1 comment:

  1. I would not think that saving on driving would be worth losing sleep. Maybe you can look for something quieter in the meantime. Whatever happens, I would get rid of that burden. Not getting proper sleep is one reason people gain weight or cannot lose it. It sounds like your plans and contingency plans are solid.

    ReplyDelete