About Me

Monday, February 18, 2019

Cooking

I am no longer eating out as much as I used to. This is partly because, I am home a lot more and have the time to cook and partly because, due to sky-rocketing inflation in this country, eating out has become very expensive.

I do like to have things to make my taste buds happy so, I have looked up a marinade recipe yesterday. It turned out to be really awesome. Here is the link

I have a roasting pan with a grill rack that I had bought from IKEA. I lined it with parchment paper and sliced some potatoes which I drizzled with EVOO. I put the chicken breast pieces that I had marinated on the grill rack and 30 minutes later, I had dinner! I also had a salad made with grated carrots and red meat radishes. Oh I used some baby arugula too. Lemon juice and EVOO for dressing as always.

I also cooked celery roots with potatoes and carrots in EVOO. That dish is usually served cold but if you like it warm, it is a healthy veggie stew. I start with sauteeing cubed onions and add cut up pieces of the veggies and a little tomato sauce. It takes about 20 minutes on stove top. You have to watch the water you add. It should not be watery at the end.

So now, I have this veggie dish and leftover chicken to last me at least two days with a salad. In order not to eat the same thing on two consecutive days, for Wednesday, I am thinking manti, Turkish Meat Ravioli. And no, I bought it ready to cook. It is too much work. I only prepare the garlic/yogurt sauce and heat the butter with red pepper flakes. Very tasty.

For Friday and the weekend, I would like to eat out of my pantry so, we will see.

4 comments:

  1. That marinade looks great. We eat out less due to very high prices and low quality. I hate spending $60 on a meal out when we could buy a weeks worth of groceries for that

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true! When you know the prices for the ingredients, it is difficult to pay so much.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. It was really good. I think, I could use a little more soy sauce since I like salty things. I know really bad but...

      Delete