About Me

Thursday, March 14, 2019

Dreary, cold day, cramps and cravings

Today is yet another wet and cold day. No sun. Bummer.

I still had to wak out to get sanitary napkins. I was all out because I thought, I was in menapause and wasn't gonna get another period because, I did not get one since August 2018. Human body has lots of surprises I guess. Luckily there is a small grocery store right by me.

I am in a grumpy mood because I was hoping to clean up my home a little bit. I have cramps and I am feeling uncomfortable so, no cleaning or vacuuming today.

I also have cravings for chocolate but I am not destroying day 2 of my new eating plan. I had two thin slices of pineapple to satisfy my sweet tooth.

Tonight, I am having a nice big salad and meat patties. There is a little bit of mixed veggies (eggplant, zucchini, string beans and tomatoes) leftover. Instead of having a slice of bread, I will have that. I do not have to cook today or tomorrow. Just need to fix salads. That's all.

Anyway, the work is starting to pick up pace again. I would like to bring in as much extra money as I can until October. Ideally, I would like to finance my big vacation entirely by the extra income from consulting but, we shall see.

I will be done with the payments of the family home on September 2nd. There are only 6 payments left and that is a great thing. I cannot wait to see that. I am hoping to fix the roof this year

10 comments:

  1. A holiday is a great financial goal, that way you feel like you are accomplishing something by this side job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true! My passive income is sufficient to cover my expenses. Anything on top of that is for fun and home renovations.

      Delete
  2. As someone who has many years of periods to go, they do indeed suck. IF left unattended, the cramps take way too long to disappear. Good luck on the new eating plan, and financing your big trip! My mom retired last year, so she too is making post retirement adjustments! She wants to join my gym, so I have to get her a schedule.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats to your mom on her retirement! It does take some adjustment. I feel I have to work a little bit not for just the extra money but to socialize and share my experiences also.

      Delete
  3. I went 6 months at one point too and thought I was done, but nope, Haha! But now, it's been 10 months. I'm hoping I'm finished now ;) That's great about only 6 more payments on the family home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad too. It takes a big chunk of my current budget.

      Delete
  4. Menopause can be a trying time with lots of surprises! I crave chocolate too and can usually stick to one piece of dark chocolate a day, but not always, so I don't have it in the house now. Doesn't stop the cravings for me, but maybe eventually they'll be gone. Good luck on your financial goals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I prefer dark chocolate too but like you, I don't keep it in the house.

      Delete
  5. yes this menopause caper is a real nuisance! jI ust wish it would all be over and done with asap. Thats great that you only 6 payments left on the home to go. Where are you planning to go for your big vacation?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be in the US for two and a half months starting late October. I will write all about it soon. Got my plane ticket already!

      Delete