About Me

Friday, March 15, 2019

Food and Creativity and Family Matters

I think there are times when we just have to wing it when it comes to food. I hate wasting food although I have badly burnt two slices of bread today. Well...

I made a salad for today's lunch and realized that my salad greens are no longer in the best shape. However, I am not feeling like eating another salad  made from the same stuff tonight. So, I chopped a small onion and sauteed the greens. I know they are salad greens but who cares? I have meat patties for tonight and I will have the sauteed greens as a bed for them.

I must go grocery shopping tomorrow which I am not looking forward to. Saturdays are so crowded. I hope, I can get up early and be done with it quickly. I wasn't in the mood to go today.

My sister called me today saying that my uncle was having a high blood pressure problem and that his nose was bleeding. So, I called mom up and inquired about it. It turned out that the idiot (lovingly said) has given up one of his meds thinking that he no longer needed it because his blood pressure was normal. This man has seen his grandma and his very own mother, my grandma have strokes due to high blood pressure. Both of them became bed ridden and suffered a long time. Not only that, but he is also a Pharmacist. He should know thet the normal BP is due to properly administered meds and this thing is really never cured. BP and Thyroid diseases are genetic in our family. Sigh...

Later in the day, I called them up and found out that his bleeding got worse and he could not go to the doctors. Instead, they called the emergeny hotline and medics helped him advising strongly that he should see his doctor. My sister and my BIL are going over to Ankara tonight to see what's going on. Mom says a friend of my uncle is gonna take him to a doctor on Monday. Hope, he does go. He is such a stubborn person, you can never know.

My family is really small. Mom, sis, BIL, uncle, two cousins (their dad was my older uncle who passed), cousins' mother, BIL's parents and me. All of 10 people. The youngest is 43,  four of them are over 70 and almost everybody has important health problems. So, we should take good care of ourselves to be able to help each other when needed. One of these 10 people will have to bury everyone... Oh boy...




7 comments:

  1. I wasted food today, on accident. I was pulling some lunch meat out of a new package and the pieces were all stuck together and about 3 slices fell to the floor. I hate grocery shopping when it's crowded too. I got DH to go early last Saturday morning and he realized how much better it is to shop early. The reason you uncle's BP was good, was because he had been taking his medicine! LOL. Hope he is ok and won't be too stubborn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Accidents happen. You have dogs though, I am sure they do not mind the pieces were on the floor.

      Delete
  2. I went grocery shopping early this morning and it was very quiet. I have resorted to ordering online and having groceries delivered when it's really cold or icy. We've had a brutal winter. I hope your uncle gets back on his meds and feels better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope my uncle gets his act together too. Thanks.

      Delete
  3. You just can't fool with BP meds, Mom had a health issue and started taking an old medication and was worried it would interact with her BP med so stopped that. When she went to the DR she was very upset Mom had gone off her BP meds. Fortunately 2 weeks later it is back to the good to normal range now. I hope the same for your Uncle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad your mom's BP returned to normal without any damage. Doctors go through a very long and painful education. We better trust them.

      Delete
  4. I've just done my grocery order online - it arrives tomorrow afternoon. I debated about taking myself down the road to the store tomorrow morning, but I have other things I need to do. Cost for delivery: £2.50. Worth it, and that's less than the petrol and faff of doing it myself. I hope your uncle gets to the doctor and back on his meds! Stubborn is tough! I hope he is feeling better very soon xx

    ReplyDelete