About Me

Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Not one item of clothing since October

I just realized that I haven't bought one single item of clothing since October 2018. I have only purchased a pair of shoes and a pair of slippers.

Wow!

This was not intentional at all. I just did not need anything. So, I congratulate myself for having self control when there is no real need for something.

I also haven't purchased anything that can be considered a decorative item, or any linens and towels (my biggest weakness) in a very very long time. Yay me!

It seems like, I now know what is a want and what is a need without conciously thinking about it. I hope this habit will rub on to my eating.

I mostly spend my money on groceries, utilities and maintenance fees on the real estate and gas. I consider the cell phone, Internet and TV a part of utilities. For me the most important thing is to be able to travel and take long vacations.

This week, I am looking at my wardrobe to see if there is anything I can give my sister or get rid of. There are a couple of summer dresses, I would like to give my sister. I haven't worn them at all since they have shrunk after I washed them. My sister can wear them to the beach if she likes.

I also need to organize my wardrobe a little bit. It is one giant mess these days. However, I will not dump everything on the bed like Marie Kondo suggests. I am lazy and I easily get bored doing something like that. It would be a disaster.

I will however, handle the mess, section by section.

5 comments:

  1. I am with you - purge and organize in small bites - that way you actually get something accomplished instead of creating a larger mess. Congrats on your self-control. I buy alot of my clothing in thrift stores so rarely have anything shrink as they come pre-washed (I wash them when I get home too). Do you have thrift stores in Turkey?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are some thrift stores over here too. It is not popular though. Usually young people use them and sometimes people with a real tight budget.

      Delete
  2. If I dumped everything on the bed, I'd end up not finishing it and just moving the pile around, LOL. I'd be better off to take small sections of my closet at at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I couldn't use the Marie Kondo method on my closet either. I organize it every so often and don't have an over abundance of clothes anymore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's where I want to be. I think now I have enough for three sizes.

      Delete