About Me

Thursday, April 18, 2019

Why is housework so boring?

I have mentioned that, I am organizing my closet these days. This chore is taking a very long time because, I am as slow as a snail and I keep making all sorts of excuses to stop.

Thinking of housework; I dislike cleaning, washing the floors, dusting, organizing, changing sheets, absolutely hate ironing. I like cooking but, not cleaning up the kitchen. I do not mind laundry and folding. I do not like emptying the dishwasher. There is nothing I like to do. Is it just me? Or do people generally feel like that but, do the chores anyway?

Yesterday I wanted to have fish for dinner and instead of buying something and cooking at home, I went to a small fish place and had a fish soup and a sea bass. No matter how you cook, the fish stinks the apartment. Sometimes I do not mind it, sometimes I do.

When I was done with dinner, it was 8 p.m. so, I decided to do my grocery shopping. I needed only a few items to get by till Sunday when I am leaving for Ankara for a week.

I bought some boneless beef shank and frozen string beans. It was almost 9:30 p.m. by the time I got back home but, I cooked both items in the pressure cooker. I have all my lunches and dinners I need till Sunday. You see, I am not lazy when it comes to cooking.

As I type this, a load of laundry is in the washer so, all good in that department. The kitchen needs cleaning up due to the cooking yesterday. I will get that done today although I really do not feel like it.

My apartment has central heating and since, it is still cold, the heat is on. Once they turn off the central heating; I have to take down all the curtains and wash them. My curtains are wall to wall and ceiling to floor. There are tulle curtains and underneath the tulles, there are light blocking curtains. Taking them down, washing them and putting them up usually takes two days. That is a task I dread yet, needs to be done due to my allergies.

Change of seasons always require more housework. Sigh...

4 comments:

  1. I don't like cleaning either. I like a clean house though and if I keep up with it, it really isn't so bad. I try to avoid ironing though because it's something I really hate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am with you - hate ironing. That is right up next to cleaning the oven. Don't mind cooking, don't mind laundry but really don't like cleaning. I am surprised they shut your central heating off. I am so used to having every unit/apartment/house individually climate controlled I think I would find that difficult.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nowadays, units can control central heating but, my apartment is about 25 years old. I do not like to have no control over it either because, I always find it too warm. I feel like paying for others' heating bills because the cost is spread in accordance with meter square.

      Delete
  3. I'm the same. But I don't like clutter, so I try to keep it up as I go along. DH does most of the laundry. I hate ironing too...I just use Downy Wrinkle Release spray, LOL. I'd have to say cleaning up dishes is my least favorite chore.

    ReplyDelete