About Me

Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Work Situation

Ever since I have retired, I have been engaged with part-time project work. The work has been slow but, it did generate some small income so far.

The owner of the consulting company is also now a friend and she was looking very stressed yesterday. When I inquired about her, she told me the business was not doing too well. The country is in a crisis due to incompetency of the current Government along with many other things. She told me there are no new projects in the horizon so, I should be prepared to not receiving any income in the coming months. I told her that it was OK and my sustenance does not depend on the income from the project work. She felt a bit relieved upon this assurance. However, having to make this conversation with every other team mate will probably be very difficult for her.

I really like her so, I hope this stress will not wear her out so much.

On the other hand, I was kind of relieved too since, I had been having trouble concentrating on work lately. I do not know why but, going to work every day is one thing and working without a schedule is another. Besides, this last project was so up in the air that it stressed me out. We did not follow the usual steps in the anaysis, and had to rely on very little information due to some customer budget constraints and I have not felt comfortable with designing processes in such a situation.

I still would like to be able to generate some additional income but, if it is not going to be possible in the near future, I am OK with that. Being a frugal person, I can make my income work especially after September when I will finally get rid of the loan I had taken over from my uncle.

Renting or selling the apartment in Ankara will also help.

Life happens...


3 comments:

  1. It is good that you can live without that work and your future expenses are going down. Our Canadian economy is slowing down - work is a little slow for us but we are ok due to long term contracts. Hubby is almost 58 - at 60 he can retire and start receiving benefits although he likely will wait a couple of years after that. It's good to have savings in times like these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As Cheapchick says it's good that you can live on what you have coming in without having to work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopefully things won't be too stressful for your friend. And great that you can take it or leave it!

    ReplyDelete