About Me

Wednesday, July 27, 2016

The Studio Apartment

I had the place painted and it will be cleaned on Saturday. I know that painting and cleaning are generally jobs one can tackle herself/himself but, here in this country it is still cheaper to have someone do it. I will do the cleaning myself from now on but the initial cleaning will be done by a cleaning lady.

I bought a Poang Chair from IKEA last night along with a small table top ironing board which you can hang in the wardrobe, cushions for the two chairs I am planning to move from home to the studio. I have a spare kitchen table that I will be taking to the studio along with a couple of other things.

I already have two vacuum cleaners so, one will definitely go to the new place. I can divide cleaning supplies and paper products between the two apartments without having to buy new stuff. I also have plenty of kitchenware that I can take to the new studio.

Today I ordered a really inexpensive bed frame, a firm mattress, a chest of drawers that I will also use as a nightstand and a small wardrobe from IKEA to be delivered. I will do the assembly myself since I am pretty good in that. There is a really old wall type air conditioner and I am guessing it needs to be serviced if it is working at all.

The washing machine needs to be serviced as well. Luckily all kitchen appliances are the same brand and I will need to call just one service company.

I do not know when IKEA will deliver my order but I am planning to move anything and everything that needs to be moved over the weekend.

This place has an indoor and an outdoor pool so I am really excited but first I need to find out the hygiene habits of the pool goers and the pool maintenance. What is more there is a new park very close to the studio with a good walking/running path. They have even lights out there for later hours and it is safe.

I am looking forward to this new step in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment