About Me

Thursday, June 28, 2018

When shall we three meet again?

Yesterday we had a going away party for two of the people I work with. One was our office assistant whom I have worked with for the last three years. I will miss her dearly.

A lot of people left the restaurant and some of us from the old team stayed and chatted for a while. Up until then the weather was not so bad with occasional rain showers but a major thundestorm hit followed by a short hailstorm. It was raining so badly that we had to wait until it stopped. Unfortunately the storm was on my way home so, I got hit for the second time. At a point, the traffic stopped because we had zero visibility. A lot of side roads were flooded. So, I had to make several re-routes to avoid the flooded areas.

By the time I pulled in our parking lot, the rain had stopped and I was able to walk to the apartment without getting wet.

Saying goodbye to two good colleagues was hard and I suddenly remembered the three witches of Macbeth:

When shall we three meet again? In thunder, lightning or in rain? Lol.


Image: Can Stock Photo

2 comments:

  1. I have had those leave-takings. We never met again. It seems people easily go their own ways.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you. Most of the time that happens. I had better luck with quiet a bunch of people though.

      Delete