About Me

Sunday, November 24, 2019

Pictures!

I thought I would be posting regularly about my big vacation adventures here but, it is very difficult.

On the days that I am mostly driving, I get exhausted and do not feel like posting. During the days when I am visiting with friends, we have such a great time that I again get exhausted during the day and do not even open the cover of the laptop.

Well, after I left upstate NY, I stayed one night at Winchester VA, one night in Roanoke VA and two nights in Savannah, GA. The first two days, I basically drove and rested whenever I made it to my destination.

I had a very good time in Savannah. I got on a trolley tour and saw all the historic sites and enjoyed the beautiful day. Then I left for Florida to see a long lost friend that I had not seen in 27 years.

He and I worked together in NY and he was my mentor for a while. Before the days of cell phones and Facebook, we lost track of each other but, I never forgot him. About 7 years ago, I found his daughter on Facebook and sent her a message but, never received an answer back. Almost a year ago, she reached out to me saying that she never saw my message since, she was taking care of her new baby at the time and my message got buried under a pile of other messages. She was so sorry but, I told her that the important thing was that we found each other and I wanted to get in touch with her father.

Since then we talked to each other every week over Whatsapp. When I told him about my intended big vacation, he wanted to know if I would go down as far as Florida to see him. How could I not?

So, I am here in Florida on my fourth day. I will be leaving here on Monday and I spent a good deal of time with my friend, his wife and nephew. It was nice to catch up on several years worth of life events.

As I type this, I am doing laundry at the hotel. Lol! Finally, I was able to get my act together to post.

So, here are the pictures I mentioned in my post heading:

Roanoke, VA

A library on wheels from Virginia Museum of Transportation


The Detroit Electric Car Virginia Museum of Transportation

Dining in style on a train

Savannah, GA

Golden dome of  Savannah City Hall



3 comments:

  1. Glad you are having a great trip. No need to worry about postings__trips are supposed to be experienced, not recorded!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you're having a fun trip. It's fun to see your pictures and hear about it, but it's most important for you to enjoy the moments and rest when you can.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see you are having fun - I don't think I could do such a massive road trip though, good for you for planning and executing it :)

    ReplyDelete