About Me

Sunday, July 28, 2024

London Was Wild, Awesome and Crazy!

I stayed in London for 10 days and attended the two concerts I have mentioned in my previous post. Stevie Nicks was great despite her age. Harry Styles joined her for the two last songs and it was a nice surprise. That concert was on the 12th and I was seriously concerned about the Stray Kids concert two days later, when I saw the crowd and had to stand at the same spot for hours. 

Stray Kids were supposed to get on the stage at 8:10 p.m. and people (read very young crazy STAYS, the fandom name) were talking about getting in line at 5 a.m. Say what?

I had a Diamond VIP ticket but that was a standing concert so, no assigned seats or no way of keeping your spot. I went at 1 p.m. and once I got in, I took a spot with a good view of the stage and stood there for 9 hours!? You read it right. Nine hours... I only sipped about a liter of water. No food, no bathroom break, not even sitting on the floor.

The crowd kept pushing and closing in on us who were at the front and it was a somewhat hot day for London. I was determined to see them as closely as possible, so, I did not leave my spot till the last three songs. Then I was ready to move back and sit down somewhere. There were 65,000 people there and it was absolutely the craziest thing I have ever done. Any regrets? None whatsoever. 

When I moved back, I ordered a burger and a coke and enjoyed the last three songs watching them on the big screens. My feet were burning by that time and every part of my body was screaming at me because, I had never abused myself like that before. Lol!

It took me a while to get back to the hotel and I was afraid I would not be able to sleep because my legs were hurting so much. I took a Tylenol and luckily fell into sleep right away and was able to rest well.

During my time in London, I walked like crazy averaging 15K steps each day. I treated myself to nice Korean and Italian restaurants and enjoyed every single moment of it.

Best gift I had ever given myself. Stray Kids are such crazy, fun and beautiful young men. They are my happy pills and sunshines.

Thanks to them, I was finally inspired to get a grip on my health and lost 50 pounds since September. Those young little kiddos saved me from myself. It is a loooong story and I am planning to share what I had to go through. They made me face my demons and healed me.

Here are some clips on YouTube made by fellow STAYs at Hyde Park: Oh, and yes I love this noisy, hype music. I included one clip where one of them thanks a guard and the other thanking the sign language interpreters. They are genuinely great kids. Kudos to their parents. 





I have fallen down the Stray Kids rabbit hole and am so glad I did. 


6 comments:

  1. Good to hear from you - Sounds like you are having fun! That's great about losing 50 pounds. That's not easy to do. I can't even lose 5 :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you had a wonderful time in London and at the concerts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to see you back and I'm so glad you had a good time in London. Mind you, you'd never catch me standing for nine hours for anything so well done you. And I can't believe you've lost 50 lbs. Even more well done you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the update. We missed you. I am planning to go to Europe and North Africa to visit family in October if everything goes well with my treatment. I lost a lot of weigh, I was very sick and couldn’t eat. Hugs your way. Farah

    ReplyDelete
  5. How great that you got out and DID what you wanted to do! And faced some things that it was time to face. Big congrats. Thanks for showing me it can be done. Olivia in the PNW

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad that you rocked standing on your feet for 9 hours! sounds like a fabulous time!

    ReplyDelete