About Me

Thursday, February 21, 2019

Gonna get cold...

Today I went grocery shopping because the weather report says, we are going to be hit by cold weather over the weekend. There will be some snow around me but not where I am. Bummer.

I needed bread, meat, some cheeses, some veggies, yogurt etc.

I prepared some stuffed swiss chard, meatballs with the remaining stuffing,- and sauteed leftover swiss chard. I will make meat patties and a soup tomorrow. Some of this stuff is going to the freezer.

I will be set till the end of the month and do not have to cook anymore. A break from cooking and cleaning the kitchen is truly needed.

One of the sliding doors of the shower cabin is broken again and I no longer have the spare hardware to fix it. It was problematic ever since I had that shower cabin installed. That is why the guy who installed it gave me a bunch of spare parts that break easily.

I asked for quotes online and decided to order a new shower cabin. It is a little over USD 100.- (a fraction of what it would cost in the US/Canada) so, I decided to go for it. No need to curse everyday at the shower cabin and the guy who installed it.

The contractor is going to come and take exact measurements tomorrow sometime. I hope, they will do a good job.


2 comments:

  1. Hopefully the shower cabin works out, best to get rid of the old faulty one. I finally got the freezer cleaned out and defrosted so am in the process of filling it back up. Cooking every day is such a drag, I need to do like you and do some batch cooking to freeze

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cooking and CLEANING everyday... Such a vicious circle.

      Delete