About Me

Sunday, March 3, 2019

Perseverance for Success

As I was channel surfing yesterday, I came across the Simone Biles story and enjoyed watching it. Today, I watched Borg vs McEnroe.

Both movies made me realize that all of these athletes faced difficulties when they were young. Their families or coaches helped them move through rough patches and they all became very successful at the end. Quitting was not an option for any of them. They worked on their problems. Borg for instance had anger issues. Imagine that! The guy was called Ice Man. So, he was able to deal with it.

I think, I prefer to quit when push comes to shove in many occassions. I have changed several jobs because I felt stuck, I gave up exercise and diets many times because I don't know why.

If people were all like me, I guess we would not have Edison, Albert Einstein, Da Vinci, Malala Yousafzai, Venus and Serena Williams, Socrates, Vincent Van Gogh and many more who excelled in their passion. These people had all sorts of troubles from dyslexia, disadvantages, health problems, injuries, to people who outright went after them to kill. However, they persevered.

Yet, I think most people are like me and the above are just extraordinary. Why is that? What makes a person never to give up a goal or a dream?

Same thing with finances too. Thank God, I have done fairly well in this but it could have been much better if I had more patience.

No comments:

Post a Comment