About Me

Friday, May 11, 2018

Friday and stuff

I cannot believe the week is almost over. Life seems to be on the very fast track lately.

As I look closely, I see that my apartment needs some serious work. The flooring must be completely changed. I would love to have hardwood floors but those are prohibitively expensive and difficult to maintain.

I need something to last 15-20 years and easy to maintain. Due to my allergies, I am not supposed to use carpets at home so, the floors are aesthetically important.

I also need to change the shower base and the stall. When I renovated the bathroom, those two turned out to be the two things, I did not like.

There is some water damage on a couple of walls and those have to be taken care of too.

Tomorrow mom and I will go to a Farmer's Market to buy fresh produce. I just hope it won't rain.

I wish everyone a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. How about laminate flooring as an alternative to real wood? That's what we are going with in our new home. They now are waterproof.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I currently have but, when I bought the apartment, I did not have much money left so, the kind I bought was not very good quality. They only lasted 14 years and I see many scratches and gaps. I think the contractor at the time just took out the carpet and did not straighten the concrete surface out properly. This time, I will buy something sturdier. Have you picked a color and look?

      Delete