About Me

Friday, May 4, 2018

Weekend Plans

My sister called today to tell me that she and her husband are coming to visit us (mom is also here) tonight, for the weekend as a surprise for mom. Mother's Day is next weekend but they can make it this week.

YAY! I am very happy! I miss my sister very much and I am looking forward to seeing her. She is 7 years my junior. She is witty, versatile and very funny. She is also Ms. Common Sense. 

Oh! Yeah, I also love my BIL too. He is a kind and gentle guy who adores my sister. 

We will have a nice breakfast at home tomorrow morning. Then, we will play tourist in Istanbul all day long. I would like to take them on a boat tour either to Prince Islands or along the Bosphorus if the weather permits that. I have booked a very nice fish restaurant that they love for dinner.

On Sunday, we will have breakfast together and they will drive back to Izmir in the afternoon. It is just a short little visit but we shall hopefully get to see them again next month at the end of our mini vacation with mom.

I think it is a blessing to get along well with one's immediate family. I know many people who cannot stand their siblings and I think, that is so sad.




4 comments:

  1. I am glad you have a good time planned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice surprise for your mother. It is great you live close so you can visit often. have fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The whole country is the size of Texas so, travel is easy. The farthest distance by plane is about an hour and twenty minutes. Besides, we all live in the western half of the country where the population is dense and therefore, there are lots of highways and parkways for easy driving.

      Delete
  3. Your mother would be happy to see all of you together in one place and enjoying.
    It would be happy with our sister and enjoy:)

    ReplyDelete