About Me

Friday, October 19, 2018

Back again from another prolonged vacation

I enjoyed the last leg of my vacation very much. I went to visit my sister and BIL for a few days. Then I went to a nice small town with an ice cold river and nice beaches where I stayed for three days. On my first day there, an old colleague called me to say hello and when he found out that I was not too far away from where he is now living, he and his wife came to have dinner with me. They had been inviting me over to their house for years so, they told me this time they are not accepting any excuses. We agreed that I would go visit them after my time with my High School buddies.

During the rest of my time, the weather and the sea were very pleasant.

I then went to this beach resort to spend another three days with my High School pals. We all had a very good time as always. I enjoyed the sea and got a nice tan under the October sun.

I then went to visit my old colleague and his wife. They have a wonderful little home in the woods. They took me to a very nice beach at a nearby island. The weather and the sea couldn't be any better.

I am happy and relaxed.

Now, I am back home doing laundry. What else? Lol!

Next week I am going to Ankara to see mom. I think, she will come back with me.

The best part of my vacation was that, it was all paid for in the spring. So, other than buying gas for the car, eating on the road and treating my friends for one dinner, I haven't spent any money. Did not buy knick knacks or anything like that. I only bought some towels deeply discounted at a factory outlet.

I am so glad I was able to do all the laundry today. Tomorrow I will be putting things in order.


2 comments:

  1. I wondered where you were, but I was in so much pain, I did not ask. It sounds like retirement is suiting you. And, deeply discounted towels are great souvenirs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sorry for the pain you had to endure. I hope you are much better now.

      Delete