About Me

Thursday, March 25, 2021

Plans for April, May and June

These days I am making plans for the next three months.

They have eased the COVID precautions and as a result, the cases are on the rise again. I believe, there are mutant strains. Istanbul is becoming a huge red zone again. It may be better to go away for a bit and I also do need change.

I am thinking of going to Ankara for a few weeks till it gets warm enough to go down South. My sister told me she took everything she wanted from among Mom's belongings and I should give away the rest. We decided to keep the nightgowns and pajamas because, they fit us too. We are also keeping all the bed linens, towels and etc. Looks like we do not need to purchase any for at least 10 years or so. Lol! All of us are suckers for bed linens and towels. 

SIS also changed mom's bedroom by moving furniture around and told me to take that room from now on. I used to stay at the guest room. 

In Ankara, I will get to see some friends and my cousins minding the social distancing. When it warms up enough to go in the water, I will go stay with uncle for a few weeks in Antalya. There are tons of beaches where I can avoid people. An umbrella at the back of my car, a folding chair, cooler and lots of sunscreen are all I need. I am sure uncle will be happy because we both need the company. Once, it is June, Antalya becomes too hot for me and it also gets crowded. Then I will go stay with SIS and BIL although Izmir also gets hot too. I am thinking of coming back to Istanbul in early June.

So, now I am eating out of my freezer to get ready to go on my trip. I will also check out the dates on other food items to decide whether I should leave them here at home or take with me.  Tonight's menu was sauteed fennel and onions with chicken.

I need to make a list of what I am going to take with me on my trip because there will be different temperatures and I should pack accordingly. Sigh... That will be a lot of stuff plus beach things...

Today, I attended a funeral and it brought back all those sad feelings and tears. My father's cousin lost her husband after a very similar ordeal to mom's. At this point, I avoid funerals but, she is someone I really like and care for so, I felt compelled to go.

I will try to focus on the positive aspects of life and try to be more cheerful. 



4 comments:

  1. I am glad you are paying attention to your needs and making plans that will make you happier. It will be good to be back with family and long time friends. Plus who doesn't need a beach get-a-way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anne! Hope all is well with you too.

      Delete
  2. Lucky you, getting to visit different parts of Turkey (although packing for different temperatures is a pain). Enjoy yourself - I'm sure you will right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am hoping to travel but, I will not be surprise if we re faced with a lockdown again. The cases have risen rapidly lately.

      Delete