About Me

Sunday, February 5, 2023

Finally!... Snow

The long anticipated cold weather and snow is finally here. It has been raining for the last couple of days and today, I finally saw some snow. It is supposed to snow till Thursday but, we'll see. It's very windy today. These cold fronts usually come from Ukraine and Russia, or the Balkans and Europe. We need snow for the farmers, and for our water supply. So, all is good.

Tomorrow, the schools will be opening after a two week long winter break but, may be not. The governor likes to decide at the very last moment to announce whether there will be school or not.

I am supposed to go to my dad's cousin tomorrow. We shall see a show called Fire of Anatolia. I had seen it when they first came out many years ago. They have toured in 106 countries since then and they are pretty good. They tell the story of all the civilizations settled in Anatolia with dance. Anatolia is the Asian part of Turkey, We are basically sitting on two continents , two peninsulas connected with three bridges, one tunnel for passenger vehicles and one tunnel for the Metro line. Anatolia has been a cradle of civilizations for thousands of years. Money has been invented here, the first written contract in history has been signed here, people settled and formed cities and then, massive civilizations. 





I had a frugal win this weekend. I have a Poang Chair from IKEA in my bedroom. The cushion is red and has bleach stains on it. My curtains and my bedspread are pale blue so, the red really doesn't go with my bedroom.

I was about to shell out USD 50 to replace the cushion but, I really didn't want to, so, I looked around my apartment and found a Cream colored thin, cotton blanket. 4 safety pins later, I now have a cream colored chair which goes perfectly with my bedroom. The chair is more of an accessory than something I actually use. I had bought it when I had a second apartment while I was working and just don't want to let it go. 

My freezer is now full again after eating everything that was in it. I will be eating out of it for a while. Time for dinner which is pre-made and waiting for me in the fridge. Hope, it was a good weekend.

2 comments:

  1. I am OVER the snow! So much in this last week, lol. But enjoy it on your end, and good job on that frugal win haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No snow here in Northern NJ so far. We had maybe one cm last week overnight which melted quickly as it was warm. We had pretty warm temperatures throughout this winter except for this past Friday and Saturday. Thank you for that bit of history about Anatolia and the video. I love the folkloric dances of Turkeye and Russia. I was always told that our ancestors came from Anatolia but when I did my DNA, it turn out I was more of a south European( more like Italy). The only conclusion i can come up with is that my ancestors were probably Janissairs. The Ottoman Empire used to gather boys from Europe for their army. Take care Tpol


    Take care Tpol.


    ReplyDelete